In such difficult period around the world, and first of all Clima-Med team wishes all its daily partners and their beloved ones a stable and healthy situation, and hopes the coronavirus pandemic could end up soon and hit as few losses as possible.
In parallel the team remains totally active and committed to its mission in the South Mediterranean region. We are determined to continue to bring support through adapted actions and online trainings and assistance to our partners and cities.
Despite the prevailing pessimism surrounding the coronavirus pandemic, we are all witnessing strong evidences of positive environmental impacts on nature in many countries, such as pollution reduction, cleaner water, improved air quality and revival of ecosystems. It is so clear that nature can adapt to the changing of human habits in a very short time.
Iّn these days of quarantine, Mother Nature invites us to hear these signals and take some time to reflect on what we could actually achieve if our communities took more responsibility for their part in tackling the climate change crisis. While collectively fighting against the pandemic. Let us look forward to reinforcing constructive values, highlight opportunities and invest in resilience and effective climate actions.
Let us seize this opportunity to turn this challenge into a long-term victory by moving towards more environmentally friendly models and products, primarily making sure no one is left behind.
Hopefully, humanity can remember all this once the pandemic is over, and apply lessons learned through new ways of environmental policies. Then, we would say that we came out stronger.
On behalf of all Clima-Med team, colleagues and partners, we send our heartful wishes to all those who are working around the clock and against all odds to protect our lives.
#Staysafe #Staywell and #Stayintouch everyone.
- A new EU call for proposals for the Climate for Cities (C4C) is out to finance the implementation of SECAP projects! February 16, 2021
- EU proposes a new Agenda and Investment Plan for the Mediterranean February 11, 2021
- Arab-Israeli town to build green paradise over dump February 9, 2021
- Call for small grants on adaptation to climate change December 9, 2020
- As part of SEACAP development activities with the Clima-Med project team, a new series of workshops was held for Tunisian municipalities representatives to assist them in identifying potential climate actions December 3, 2020
- Cooperation between EU Clima-Med and CEDRO V projects in Lebanon November 30, 2020