Clima-Med’s overall objective is to assist with the transition of partner countries towards low carbon economies and enhanced climate resilience by means of:
- Formulating and implementing climate mitigation and adaptation actions and sustainable energy policies, both at national and local level.
- Enhancing partner countries’ capacity in implementing and updating their NDCs, developing adaptation and mitigation plans and carrying out MRVs.
- Associating relevant government bodies, in collaboration with regional, national and subnational stakeholders.
- Supporting the development of an ambitious number of local Sustainable Energy Access and Climate Action Plans (SEACAPs) through tailored technical assistance, trainings, workshops, peer-to-peer networks, stakeholder engagement, guidelines, awareness actions, research and more.
- Connecting with relevant projects and programmes operating in the region and consulting with donors, bilateral EU programmes, including those being implemented directly at the regional, national and local level.
- Creating synergies to enable stronger, systematic and collective exchanges with a wide range of initiatives, involving the ones under the EU External Investment Plan.