In the frequently asked question section (FAQs), people with a general interest in the Covenant of Mayors in the Mediterranean region (CoM Med) and CoM Med signatories looking for specific information will find answers to the most common questions about the CoM Med.
The FAQs will be updated on a regular basis to reflect the most relevant questions and concerns coming from the CoM Med Community.
If your question is not included in the list, or you need further explanation or information, you are welcome to raise it by getting directly in touch with the Covenant Helpdesk at email@example.com; we would be glad to support with all information as available.
1. The Covenant of Mayors for the Mediterranean (CoM Med)
- What is the Covenant of Mayors in the Mediterranean, CoM Med?
- What are the benefits for the CoM Med signatories?
- What are the commitments that CoM Med signatories will have to fulfill in terms of actions?
- What are the specific reporting guidelines to the Mediterranean cities?
- Who can join the CoM Med?
- How to join the CoM Med?
- What are the next steps after joining CoM Med?
- How to renew the CoM Med commitments when a city is already a Covenant signatory?
- What is the role of the CoM Med Help Desk?
2. The SEACAP
- What is a SEACAP?
- What are the differences between a SEAP and a SEACAP?
- What is the scope of the SEACAP?
- What is a SEACAP template?
- Which sectors/fields of action are considered in the SEACAP?
- When to submit the SEACAP?
- What is a Baseline Emission Inventory (BEI) of Greenhouse Gases (GHG)?
- How is the BEI useful for the municipalities?
- What is the Climate Risk and Vulnerability Assessment (RVA)?
- Why is the RVA important for the municipalities?
- Why is a SEACAP needed to raise the ambition of mitigation of countries under the Paris Agreement?
- How can the SEACAP contribute to the implementation on NDCs?
- How is a SEACAP linked to NDC at the national country level?
- Is the SEACAP part of local NDCs and/or national NDCs?
- How could the city support climate actions emergence at the local market?
- Is collaboration between local and national governments required?
- Why further cooperation strength is needed between national and local levels?
- In what languages will the guidelines specific to South Mediterranean countries be available?
- Is preparing the SEACAP a pre-requisite to adhere to CoM Med?
- What are the financial facilities to fund the SEACAP preparation?
- What is a “Citizen’s Awareness Raising Plan”?
- What happens once the SEACAP is submitted? – The assessment
3. The Clima- Med Project
- What is the Clima-Med project?
- The Clima-Med project and CoM Med
- What does Clima-Med technical assistance consist of? which are its steps?
- How can a municipality benefit from Clima-Med technical assistance?
- Are municipalities collaborating with Clima-Med required to join CoM Med?
4. Available Financing Mechanisms
- What approach to adopt for financing the SEACAPs?
- What are the existing financial mechanisms?
- What does a successful implementation of SEACAP actions require?
- What are the challenges Local Authorities are facing?