Clima-Med Help Desk purpose is to provide the municipalities concerned by the project with information and support related to their adhesion to the Covenant of Mayors in the Mediterranean (CoM Med), the design and implementation of their Sustainable Energy Access and Climate Action Plans, SEACAPs, the renewal of their commitment, as well as guidance in the overall registration process.
The Helpdesk will provide support through various channels such as the Clima-Med website, telephone, instant messaging, or email.
Note that the Help Desk does not provide a pre-evaluation of the action plans. Upon the official submission of the SEACAP, an official feedback report is sent in due course to signatories by the European Commission Join Research Centre, JRC.
The Help Desk will:
- Assist all local authorities in the Mediterranean region interested in joining the initiative through the adhesion process;
- Help signatories with general or technical inquiries related to the Covenant of Mayors in the Mediterranean and its commitments;
- Build the signatories capacities through providing guidance, templates, webinars, guidelines and other useful documents;
- Support the implementation of the municipalities’ communication and promotional activities;
- Coordinate liaisons with third parties and relevant stakeholders (i.e. Covenant Territorial Coordinators, Supporters, Local and Regional Energy Agencies);
- Facilitate networking activities within the Covenant of Mayors community;
- Liaise with potential Coordinators/Covenant Supporters and networks;
- Liaise and coordinate with other EU and donors’ initiatives and investigating opportunities for funding the development and implementation of the SEACAPs;
- Identify potential financial climate actions in the beneficiary countries.
Two Help Desk assistance offices
Rabat– Morocco: For Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia and Israel
Address: 285, Mohammed V Avenue, 2nd Floor, Apt. 21
1000 Rabat, Morocco
Tel/Fax: + 212 – 622 017 587 / + 212- 808 609 366
Contact: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Beirut– Lebanon: For Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, and Palestine
Address: Al-Youssef Bldg., 4th Floor Dr. Toufic Rizk Street,
Nasra Area Achrafieh, Lebanon
Tel./Fax: + 961 1 204 134
Contact: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Availability of Service
Help Desk services are available during the following hours of operation: Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 12 :30 p.m. and 02 :30 p.m. to 06 :30 p.m.
For issues that arise when the Help Desk staff is unavailable or if all representatives are busy assisting other clients, please leave a request by email or through the Request Assistance Form. Requests will be processed promptly.
A frequently asked question section (FAQs) will provide the requester with the most common questions about the Covenant of Mayors in the Mediterranean, CoM Med.
Important sources of information as well as the SEACAP’s Guidelines and JRC technical documents are already available on the Clima-Med website: www.climamed.eu