The latest assessment states that limiting global warming to 1.5ºC would require ‘’rapid, far-reaching and unprecedented changes in all aspects of society’’ worldwide. One of the key messages from this report is that we are already seeing the consequences of 1°C of global warming.
The report highlights a number of climate change impacts that could be avoided by limiting global warming to 1.5ºC compared to 2ºC, or more.
The EU Commissioners Miguel Arias Cañete for Climate Action and Energy and Carlos Moedas for Research, Science and Innovation have welcomed the report, issued two months before the international climate talks in Katowice, Poland.
Read for more information the full IPCC report http://www.ipcc.ch/report/sr15/
- Global Observance of World Cities Day 2021 in Egypt Calls for Action on Climate Change November 12, 2021
- COP26: How are cities in Europe and the Mediterranean implementing evidence-based climate & energy action? October 29, 2021
- COP26: Clima-Med will demonstrate innovative funding models mainstreaming climate action in the South Mediterranean region October 29, 2021
- Fourth Clima-Med Steering Committee Meeting emphasizing the importance of mainstreaming climate actions at local levels in the context of the coming CoP26 October 29, 2021
- Luxor to celebrate World Cities Day on 30-31 October October 25, 2021
- Radio interview with Clima-Med’s coordinator in Egypt – Dr Ramadan Seddik (French) October 17, 2021