The CoM Med new website is now live!
The Clima Med project is pleased to officially announce the launch of the Covenant of Mayors for the Mediterranean, CoM Med, brand-new website: https://www.com-med.org/en/
CoM Med is an initiative supported by the European Commission and part of the Global Covenant of Mayors (GCoM), the largest coalition of cities committed to local climate and energy action.
The new website is in its English version but will be soon available in French and Arabic; it is creative, interactive and gives access to the MyCovenant reporting platform and to useful information for cities for the reporting process, therefore allowing Mediterranean cities who have prepared their SEACAPs to enter their city profile; it will be updated based on the data reported through the reporting platforms.
Practical support is provided through the helpdesk services and resources to cities interested in joining the initiative.
CoM Med is open to all local authorities in the South Mediterranean region who wish to drive the change and work to advance climate solutions.
In the Mediterranean region, a growing number of cities share a long-term vision to combat climate change. They have already chosen to take the lead in the design, development and implementation of concrete local climate actions. More than 122 Mayors from 8 South Mediterranean countries have already made the political commitment to join the CoM Med initiative, and 100 municipalities are currently in the process of finalising their Sustainable Energy Access and Climate Action Plans (SEACAPs).
These cities are actively engaged in a transition towards more sustainable, efficient, low-carbon and climate-resilient development and have managed to continue such efforts while coping with the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- Radio interview with Clima-Med’s coordinator in Egypt – Dr Ramadan Seddik (French) October 17, 2021
- Radio interview with Clima-Med’s coordinator in Egypt – Dr Ramadan Seddik October 17, 2021
- In Egypt, Luxor Governorate deals with climate change threats October 17, 2021
- Projects in West Bank and Gaza win UN Climate Change Award October 13, 2021
- Global warming, extreme heatwaves, and forest fires: the IPCC report blows the whistle * August 17, 2021
- A Congratulation Kit delivered to more than 100 cities in the South Mediterranean for their adhesion to the Covenant of Mayors for the Mediterranean, CoM Med. July 17, 2021