New Cooperation Agreement guarantees the continuity and future of the MedECC Secretariat, hosted under the hospice of Plan Bleu
A new Cooperation Agreement guarantees the continuity and future of the MedECC Secretariat, hosted under the hospice of Plan Bleu. As part of the agreement, both parties will jointly support and promote the efforts of the scientific network of Mediterranean Experts on Climate and environmental Change (MedECC).
The Secretary General of the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM), Nasser Kamel, and the President of Plan Bleu, Thierry Lavoux, virtually met in March 2021 to officialize the signature of the 2nd phase of their Cooperation Agreement towards a sustainable development in the Mediterranean basin.
Apart from the communication on First Climate Mediterranean Assessment Repor (MAR1)´s results, the main objective of this second phase is to produce from 3 to 4 thematic reports over the period 2021-2023, which will serve as references for the UfM’s activities in the realm of mitigation and adaptation measures.
These thematic reports will also be produced with two complete reports, in the perspective of the possible publication of MAR2 around 2025 -2026.
- Call for proposals – film photographer & director June 11, 2021
- Clima-Med workshops to support the final stages of SEACAPs development with Moroccan municipalities June 3, 2021
- International Day for Biological Diversity: UfM warns that the Mediterranean region is a biodiversity hotspot under threat May 31, 2021
- Clima-Med and CEDRO V Cooperation Action: The ongoing implementation phase of 30 projects in Lebanon May 25, 2021
- Radio Express Tunisia on Clima Med project (AR-FR subtitles) May 25, 2021
- Radio Express Tunisia on Clima Med project (AR-ENG subtitles) May 25, 2021