New Cooperation Agreement guarantees the continuity and future of the MedECC Secretariat, hosted under the hospice of Plan Bleu
A new Cooperation Agreement guarantees the continuity and future of the MedECC Secretariat, hosted under the hospice of Plan Bleu. As part of the agreement, both parties will jointly support and promote the efforts of the scientific network of Mediterranean Experts on Climate and environmental Change (MedECC).
The Secretary General of the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM), Nasser Kamel, and the President of Plan Bleu, Thierry Lavoux, virtually met in March 2021 to officialize the signature of the 2nd phase of their Cooperation Agreement towards a sustainable development in the Mediterranean basin.
Apart from the communication on First Climate Mediterranean Assessment Repor (MAR1)´s results, the main objective of this second phase is to produce from 3 to 4 thematic reports over the period 2021-2023, which will serve as references for the UfM’s activities in the realm of mitigation and adaptation measures.
These thematic reports will also be produced with two complete reports, in the perspective of the possible publication of MAR2 around 2025 -2026.
- Clima-Med at COP26 “Racing to 1.5°: cities mainstreaming evidence-based climate&energy policies in Europe& Mediterranean” December 3, 2021
- Clima-Med at COP26 ” Climate Action in the Mediterranean” (November 2, 2021) December 3, 2021
- Switching to Renewable Energy is an Urgent Priority in Batloun, Lebanon * December 3, 2021
- Global Observance of World Cities Day 2021 in Egypt Calls for Action on Climate Change November 12, 2021
- COP26: How are cities in Europe and the Mediterranean implementing evidence-based climate & energy action? October 29, 2021
- COP26: Clima-Med will demonstrate innovative funding models mainstreaming climate action in the South Mediterranean region October 29, 2021