New Cooperation Agreement guarantees the continuity and future of the MedECC Secretariat, hosted under the hospice of Plan Bleu
A new Cooperation Agreement guarantees the continuity and future of the MedECC Secretariat, hosted under the hospice of Plan Bleu. As part of the agreement, both parties will jointly support and promote the efforts of the scientific network of Mediterranean Experts on Climate and environmental Change (MedECC).
The Secretary General of the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM), Nasser Kamel, and the President of Plan Bleu, Thierry Lavoux, virtually met in March 2021 to officialize the signature of the 2nd phase of their Cooperation Agreement towards a sustainable development in the Mediterranean basin.
Apart from the communication on First Climate Mediterranean Assessment Repor (MAR1)´s results, the main objective of this second phase is to produce from 3 to 4 thematic reports over the period 2021-2023, which will serve as references for the UfM’s activities in the realm of mitigation and adaptation measures.
These thematic reports will also be produced with two complete reports, in the perspective of the possible publication of MAR2 around 2025 -2026.
- Le nouveau site de la CdM Med est en ligne ! avril 21, 2021
- Get to know the City Climate Finance Gap Fund avril 19, 2021
- Debate organized after the release of the 3rd Edition of the Global Synthesis Report on Local Climate Action by Climate Chance Observatory avril 15, 2021
- Le travail de Clima-Med et de ses villes bénéficiaires présenté dans le nouveau rapport de l’Observatoire Climate Chance avril 8, 2021
- Troisième réunion du Comité de pilotage qui réaffirme l’engagement commun entre l’UE et les Autorités locales en Méditerranée sur l’importance des actions climatiques et l’avenir. avril 1, 2021
- The European Commission published two Corrigenda and Answers to Clarifications on the Call for Proposals – Climate for Cities (C4C) in the Southern Neighbourhood mars 19, 2021