Third Steering Committee Meeting reaffirming common engagement between EU and Local Authorities in the Mediterranean on the importance of climate actions and future
The third Steering Committee meeting of the Clima-Med project was held virtually on the 7th of October 2020 in collaboration with the Directorate-General for Neighbourhood and Enlargement Negotiations (DG NEAR). The Clima-Med team reported on the project regional progress covering a two-year period, the engagement of National and Local Authorities as well as the preparation of activities planned to take place during the next phase.
More than 50 participants took part in the morning and afternoon sessions of the meeting together with partner institutions and Ministries, Focal Points and representatives of municipalities from the eight South Mediterranean countries covered by the project. The European Union representatives reiterated their commitment to continue their work on Climate action and announced that the EU will dedicate 30% of the envisaged funding for External Action on climate change. They also introduced the EC’s Green Deal and emphasised on the significant external dimension of the initiative.
The presentations and discussions focused on the results achieved and the proposed work plan, spanning all key themes covered by the project such as: the access to climate finance for the implementation of the Sustainable Energy Access Action Plans (SEACAPs) , the progress and challenges in the preparation of SEACAPs to 80 cities and the importance of the Helpdesk role, the set-up of the Covenant of Mayors for the Mediterranean (CoM Med) and its website, the Climate Action Strategy (CAS) developed for each country, and the planned communication actions.
The individual presentations are available on the Clima-Med website.
- Call for proposals – film photographer & director June 11, 2021
- Clima-Med workshops to support the final stages of SEACAPs development with Moroccan municipalities June 3, 2021
- International Day for Biological Diversity: UfM warns that the Mediterranean region is a biodiversity hotspot under threat May 31, 2021
- Clima-Med and CEDRO V Cooperation Action: The ongoing implementation phase of 30 projects in Lebanon May 25, 2021
- Radio Express Tunisia on Clima Med project (AR-FR subtitles) May 25, 2021
- Radio Express Tunisia on Clima Med project (AR-ENG subtitles) May 25, 2021