Our honorable jury is ready with the selection of photos and the nominations for the Clima-Med Photo Contest 2018.
The regional competition, organised by Clima-Med in collaboration with the European Union, was launched on November 16 to bring awareness on how #climate is affecting daily life and landscapes in South-Mediterranean region, and to address the urgency of finding sustainable solutions to diminish the effects of human-induced climate change.
Three weeks later, it is time to announce the winners and say “a Big Thank You” to everyone who sent us photos depicting climate change effects and actions taken by South-Mediterranean neighbor countries, to tackle one of the most pressing issues of our time.
We received many great submissions, and choosing the best photo proved quite a challenge for us. Therefore, special appreciation goes to the esteemed photographer Wadih Chehaibar who was member of the jury.
Congratulations to the winners:
1st prize: Mohamed Rahman, Egypt
2nd prize: Alain Daoud, Lebanon
3rd prize: Assem Sultan, Lebanon
A selection with shortlisted photos from the competition is also coming soon, so stay tuned to see your photos!
- Clima-Med’s response to the COVID-19 Pandemic October 22, 2020
- Tackling the climate crisis: how local actions are confronting a global challenge August 11, 2020
- El Guettar commune in Tunisia, developing climate actions ideas for its ongoing SEACAP July 20, 2020
- European Union Delegation visit to Nabeul within the framework of the Clima-Med project and other EU projects May 22, 2020
- Prize for Cities May 11, 2020
- Clima-Med and the municipality of Tangier discussed cooperation on Climate and Energy Projects April 15, 2020