The Clima-Med project will participate in the EcoOrient conference, held from 19 to 20 June in Lebanon. The event is a useful opportunity and an ideal knowledge-sharing and networking platform, bringing together academics, researchers and engineers from Lebanon. Many workshops and discussion panels on sustainable energy and environmental management initiatives, will be organised, as the participants will have the opportunity to also meet inspiring speakers and learn of emerging trends and opportunities in Lebanon’s renewable energy and environmental management sectors.
During the first day of the conference, Clima-Med’s project Experts will deliver a presentation on “An Integrated Approach to Climate Action in Lebanon”, to shed light on the regional approach applied through the project in the Southern Mediterranean, and the benefits for national and local authorities in Lebanon to mainstream climate actions and public/private collaboration in the environmental sector.
The participants in the conference will also hear about other EU-funded initiatives, learn from the presented case studies and practices by leading experts in the fields of renewable energy, climate action and resilience, sustainable water management and green buildings
The EcoOrient conference is part of the national Energy Days organised within the EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW), one of the biggest events dedicated to renewables and efficient energy use in Europe.
- Clima-Med’s response to the COVID-19 Pandemic October 22, 2020
- Tackling the climate crisis: how local actions are confronting a global challenge August 11, 2020
- El Guettar commune in Tunisia, developing climate actions ideas for its ongoing SEACAP July 20, 2020
- European Union Delegation visit to Nabeul within the framework of the Clima-Med project and other EU projects May 22, 2020
- Prize for Cities May 11, 2020
- Clima-Med and the municipality of Tangier discussed cooperation on Climate and Energy Projects April 15, 2020