The Clima-Med project will participate in the EcoOrient conference, held from 19 to 20 June in Lebanon. The event is a useful opportunity and an ideal knowledge-sharing and networking platform, bringing together academics, researchers and engineers from Lebanon. Many workshops and discussion panels on sustainable energy and environmental management initiatives, will be organised, as the participants will have the opportunity to also meet inspiring speakers and learn of emerging trends and opportunities in Lebanon’s renewable energy and environmental management sectors.
During the first day of the conference, Clima-Med’s project Experts will deliver a presentation on “An Integrated Approach to Climate Action in Lebanon”, to shed light on the regional approach applied through the project in the Southern Mediterranean, and the benefits for national and local authorities in Lebanon to mainstream climate actions and public/private collaboration in the environmental sector.
The participants in the conference will also hear about other EU-funded initiatives, learn from the presented case studies and practices by leading experts in the fields of renewable energy, climate action and resilience, sustainable water management and green buildings
The EcoOrient conference is part of the national Energy Days organised within the EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW), one of the biggest events dedicated to renewables and efficient energy use in Europe.
- As part of their progress, all Clima-Med beneficiary cities in the south Mediterranean are preparing their Sustainable Energy Access and Climate Action Plan, SEACAPs that will be shared soon on this platform. January 10, 2022
- Clima-Med at COP26 “Racing to 1.5°: cities mainstreaming evidence-based climate&energy policies in Europe& Mediterranean” December 3, 2021
- Clima-Med at COP26 ” Climate Action in the Mediterranean” (November 2, 2021) December 3, 2021
- Switching to Renewable Energy is an Urgent Priority in Batloun, Lebanon * December 3, 2021
- Global Observance of World Cities Day 2021 in Egypt Calls for Action on Climate Change November 12, 2021
- COP26: How are cities in Europe and the Mediterranean implementing evidence-based climate & energy action? October 29, 2021