Clima-Med experts gave an overview of the project’s key outputs and lessons learnt on climate change governance with the role of the national authorities. They also showcased its efforts to mainstream climate action through the preparation of the SEACAPs and the establishment of the SSM. The film prepared by the project on Lebanon was broadcasted as a preamble to Batloun’s mayor Marwan Kais presentation.
Mr Kais spoke about the country’s challenges and how his city is coping, thanks to his adhesion to the CoM Med and the preparation of SEACAP, discussing solutions at the local level and exchanging experiences.
As a signatory to Com Med, Batloun has developed a Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plan, SECAP, to take action against Climate Change and initiated a shift towards Renewable Energy by implementing concrete solutions.
During the WUF, an On-Site training program with GCoM and Joint Research Center, was organized on Wednesday 29 June, to shed light on how to plan for energy access, develop synergies and financing climate actions.
- Clima-Med presents the third film of a series that showcases Israeli cities’ commitment to dealing with climate change effects, focusing on green technologies July 21, 2022
- “A Glimpse of Hope” – Israel July 21, 2022
- The Clima-Med project and the city of Batloun, a partner of Clima-Med in Lebanon and a CoM Med signatory, joined the World Urban Forum (WUF11) the premier global conference on sustainable urbanization in the Polish city of Katowice, from June 26 to 30,2022, at the invitation of the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy. July 4, 2022
- The Covenant of Mayors for the Mediterranean, CoM Med, was represented at the International Recycling and Waste Management Fair (RWM) in Tangier to promote the initiative’s activities July 2, 2022
- Festival of Mediterranean Citizens June 23, 2022
- Clima-Med’s second film of a series celebrates Jordanian cities’ commitment to tackling climate challenges while struggling to face its effects. May 25, 2022