The Clima-Med project and the city of Batloun, a partner of Clima-Med in Lebanon and a CoM Med signatory, joined the World Urban Forum (WUF11) the premier global conference on sustainable urbanization in the Polish city of Katowice, from June 26 to 30,2022, at the invitation of the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy
Clima-Med experts gave an overview of the project’s key outputs and lessons learnt on climate change governance with the role of the national authorities. They also showcased its efforts to mainstream climate action through the preparation of the SEACAPs and the establishment of the SSM. The film prepared by the project on Lebanon was broadcasted as a preamble to Batloun’s mayor Marwan Kais presentation.
Mr Kais spoke about the country’s challenges and how his city is coping, thanks to his adhesion to the CoM Med and the preparation of SEACAP, discussing solutions at the local level and exchanging experiences.
As a signatory to Com Med, Batloun has developed a Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plan, SECAP, to take action against Climate Change and initiated a shift towards Renewable Energy by implementing concrete solutions.
During the WUF, an On-Site training program with GCoM and Joint Research Center, was organized on Wednesday 29 June, to shed light on how to plan for energy access, develop synergies and financing climate actions.
- 1st workshop for National Coordination Group in Jordan January 20, 2023
- Clima-Med’s Film on Mediterranean Cities November 25, 2022
- “A Glimpse of Hope” – Mediterranean Cities November 6, 2022
- “Cleaner Energy Saving multi-use public building” Kick-off event November 2, 2022
- “A Glimpse of Hope” – Egypt September 29, 2022
- Clima-Med’s fourth film – Egypt September 29, 2022