On March 22nd, The Clima-Med project has organized the second meeting of the National Coordination Group (NCG) in Morocco, in the premises of the Ministry of Energy Mines and Sustainable Development (MEMDD) in Rabat. The meeting was chaired by Mr. Ghazali Mohammed, Secretary General of the Department for Energy and Mines at the MEMDD and attended by Clima-MED’s Focal Point – Ms. Maya Aherdan, members of the NCG from various Moroccan active institutions in the field of sustainable energy and climate, and the Clima-Med’s experts.
Clima-Med Team Leader and experts recapped the project’s objectives and main components in view of integrating climate policies at national level, the support provided to the beneficiaries for the development of their SEACAPs/SECAPs and when developing their funding mechanisms. Similarly, they presented the outline of the project roadmap framing the NCG commitments, as well as an action plan about the stages for the entire project and introduced the participants to the development of the National Policy Coordination Strategy and funding mechanisms.
Another meeting will be held at a later stage with all relevant stakeholders, who will be constituents of the NCG, to start the effective coordination work on the three components of the Clima-Med project and review existing national climate reports and strategies, select the cities and / or regions that will be supported by the project in the development of new SEACAPs and discuss a methodology for developing a climate finance strategy.
- Clima-Med presents the third film of a series that showcases Israeli cities’ commitment to dealing with climate change effects, focusing on green technologies July 21, 2022
- “A Glimpse of Hope” – Israel July 21, 2022
- The Clima-Med project and the city of Batloun, a partner of Clima-Med in Lebanon and a CoM Med signatory, joined the World Urban Forum (WUF11) the premier global conference on sustainable urbanization in the Polish city of Katowice, from June 26 to 30,2022, at the invitation of the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy. July 4, 2022
- The Covenant of Mayors for the Mediterranean, CoM Med, was represented at the International Recycling and Waste Management Fair (RWM) in Tangier to promote the initiative’s activities July 2, 2022
- Festival of Mediterranean Citizens June 23, 2022
- Clima-Med’s second film of a series celebrates Jordanian cities’ commitment to tackling climate challenges while struggling to face its effects. May 25, 2022