On March 22nd, The Clima-Med project has organized the second meeting of the National Coordination Group (NCG) in Morocco, in the premises of the Ministry of Energy Mines and Sustainable Development (MEMDD) in Rabat. The meeting was chaired by Mr. Ghazali Mohammed, Secretary General of the Department for Energy and Mines at the MEMDD and attended by Clima-MED’s Focal Point – Ms. Maya Aherdan, members of the NCG from various Moroccan active institutions in the field of sustainable energy and climate, and the Clima-Med’s experts.
Clima-Med Team Leader and experts recapped the project’s objectives and main components in view of integrating climate policies at national level, the support provided to the beneficiaries for the development of their SEACAPs/SECAPs and when developing their funding mechanisms. Similarly, they presented the outline of the project roadmap framing the NCG commitments, as well as an action plan about the stages for the entire project and introduced the participants to the development of the National Policy Coordination Strategy and funding mechanisms.
Another meeting will be held at a later stage with all relevant stakeholders, who will be constituents of the NCG, to start the effective coordination work on the three components of the Clima-Med project and review existing national climate reports and strategies, select the cities and / or regions that will be supported by the project in the development of new SEACAPs and discuss a methodology for developing a climate finance strategy.
- Clima-Med’s response to the COVID-19 Pandemic October 22, 2020
- Tackling the climate crisis: how local actions are confronting a global challenge August 11, 2020
- El Guettar commune in Tunisia, developing climate actions ideas for its ongoing SEACAP July 20, 2020
- European Union Delegation visit to Nabeul within the framework of the Clima-Med project and other EU projects May 22, 2020
- Prize for Cities May 11, 2020
- Clima-Med and the municipality of Tangier discussed cooperation on Climate and Energy Projects April 15, 2020