The Prize for Cities invites submissions from initiatives and projects that show how to live and thrive in a changing climate by tackling both the climate crisis and urban inequality. $250,000 will be awarded to one grand prize winner and $25,000 each to four runners-up.
All types of organizations/entities and individuals from the public, private and not-for-profit sectors are eligible to participate. Submissions may be for initiatives and projects anywhere in the world commenced after January 1, 2000.
This Prize cycle invites submissions for the theme “Inclusive cities for a changing climate” – initiatives and projects that how to live and thrive in a changing climate by tackling both the climate crisis and urban inequality, including those that:
- Protect lives and livelihoods threatened by the changing climate
- Increase accessibility without increasing the carbon footprint
- Fuel innovation and economic opportunity without polluting byproducts
- Shift traditional models of behavior and daily practices
- Use new data, knowledge, governance and / or finance
- Tackle potentially negative effects of climate policies
The WRI Ross Center Prize for Cities is the premier global award celebrating and spotlighting transformative urban change. The Prize for Cities seeks to inspire urban change-makers across the globe by elevating trailblazing initiatives and telling impactful stories of sustainable urban transformation.
APPLY UNTIL 7 JULY 2020
Businesses, NGOs, community groups, local governments and collaborations of all types of organizations and individuals from the public, private and not-for-profit sectors can apply for a chance to:
- Be celebrated on a global stage
- Win a cash prize of $250,000; $25,000 each for four runners-up
- Travel to New York City for awards ceremony
- Gain exposure to international media and a world-class jury
- Join a global network of urban experts and change-makers
Submissions close: 7 JULY 2020
Finalists Announcement : OCTOBER 2020
WINNER SELECTION BY JURY : FEBRUARY 2021
WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT & CELEBRATION : APRIL 2021
For more information you can reach the Prize team at this email: PrizeforCities@wri.org