Luxor to celebrate World Cities Day on 30-31 October
Egypt’s Minister of Local Development, Mahmoud Sharawy, announced, on Sunday, that Luxor will celebrate the World Cities Day on 30 and 31 October, gathering international officials from different countries around the world.
Under the patronage of President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi, the event will be an opportunity to present Egypt’s achievements during the past seven years, especially in the areas of infrastructure and urban development, especially the New Administrative Capital and other cities
The event will be titled “Adaptation and Strengthening the Capabilities of Cities to Resist Climate Change.”
Shaarawy had signed an agreement with the Executive Director of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme, Maimunah Mohd Sharif, to host this important international event in Luxor.
Shaarawy said that World Cities Day aims to enhance the international community’s interest in sustainable global urbanization, push cooperation between countries and cities to address urbanization challenges, contribute to sustainable urban development around the world, and promote ambitious climate action for cities.
He confirmed that on the sidelines of this conference, a number of different sessions and workshops will be held over the two days to discuss and explain a number of development programs that are being implemented in Egypt with international partners, including the Local Development Program in Upper.
Shaarawy added that a meeting of local development ministers from African countries will also be held to discuss a number of issues and challenges facing the cities of Africa and exchange experiences to find solutions.
source: dailynewsegypt.com, October 4, 2021
- The Climate Action Strategy Reports, CAS, for 7 countries are ready and available August 15, 2022
- Ramat Gan is preparing for the climate crisis and is launching a vast environmental project with the support of the European Union. August 10, 2022
- Clima-Med presents the third film of a series that showcases Israeli cities’ commitment to dealing with climate change effects, focusing on green technologies July 21, 2022
- “A Glimpse of Hope” – Israel July 21, 2022
- The Clima-Med project and the city of Batloun, a partner of Clima-Med in Lebanon and a CoM Med signatory, joined the World Urban Forum (WUF11) the premier global conference on sustainable urbanization in the Polish city of Katowice, from June 26 to 30,2022, at the invitation of the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy. July 4, 2022
- The Covenant of Mayors for the Mediterranean, CoM Med, was represented at the International Recycling and Waste Management Fair (RWM) in Tangier to promote the initiative’s activities July 2, 2022