Luxor to celebrate World Cities Day on 30-31 October
Egypt’s Minister of Local Development, Mahmoud Sharawy, announced, on Sunday, that Luxor will celebrate the World Cities Day on 30 and 31 October, gathering international officials from different countries around the world.
Under the patronage of President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi, the event will be an opportunity to present Egypt’s achievements during the past seven years, especially in the areas of infrastructure and urban development, especially the New Administrative Capital and other cities
The event will be titled “Adaptation and Strengthening the Capabilities of Cities to Resist Climate Change.”
Shaarawy had signed an agreement with the Executive Director of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme, Maimunah Mohd Sharif, to host this important international event in Luxor.
Shaarawy said that World Cities Day aims to enhance the international community’s interest in sustainable global urbanization, push cooperation between countries and cities to address urbanization challenges, contribute to sustainable urban development around the world, and promote ambitious climate action for cities.
He confirmed that on the sidelines of this conference, a number of different sessions and workshops will be held over the two days to discuss and explain a number of development programs that are being implemented in Egypt with international partners, including the Local Development Program in Upper.
Shaarawy added that a meeting of local development ministers from African countries will also be held to discuss a number of issues and challenges facing the cities of Africa and exchange experiences to find solutions.
source: dailynewsegypt.com, October 4, 2021
- Global Observance of World Cities Day 2021 in Egypt Calls for Action on Climate Change November 12, 2021
- COP26: How are cities in Europe and the Mediterranean implementing evidence-based climate & energy action? October 29, 2021
- COP26: Clima-Med will demonstrate innovative funding models mainstreaming climate action in the South Mediterranean region October 29, 2021
- Fourth Clima-Med Steering Committee Meeting emphasizing the importance of mainstreaming climate actions at local levels in the context of the coming CoP26 October 29, 2021
- Luxor to celebrate World Cities Day on 30-31 October October 25, 2021
- Radio interview with Clima-Med’s coordinator in Egypt – Dr Ramadan Seddik (French) October 17, 2021