Launch of the 1st Progress Report on Euro-Mediterranean Regional Integration
The UfM is holding an online launch event to present the first edition of the UfM Progress Report on Regional Integration, prepared by the OECD.
The Report identifies major trends and assess progress achieved in five domains of regional integration: trade, finance, infrastructure, movement of people, and research and higher education. It presents key findings and policy recommendations for each of these domains, based on specific performance indicators that can be monitored over time.
This event will be the first in a series of events dedicated by the UfM to regional integration, and the key recommendations will be used to inform future actions to accelerate and consolidate integration efforts in the UfM region across the five domains.
Provisional Agenda, 27 May
- 10:00: Welcoming remarks by UfM Secretary General
- 10:10: Opening remarks
- 10:30: Presentation of the UfM Progress Report on Regional Integration
- 11:00: Panel I: The UfM Progress Report on Regional Integration: Opportunities, Challenges and the Way Forward
- 11:30: Panel II: How to unlock the full potential for greater regional economic Integration? Regional Experiences from across the Globe
- 12:30 Wrap-up
You can download the provisional agenda here.
Follow the link to register https://ufmsecretariat.org/form-launching-ufm-progress-report-regional-integration-27may/
source: Union for the Mediterranean
Photo by Clay Banks
- As part of their progress, all Clima-Med beneficiary cities in the south Mediterranean are preparing their Sustainable Energy Access and Climate Action Plan, SEACAPs that will be shared soon on this platform. January 10, 2022
- Clima-Med at COP26 “Racing to 1.5°: cities mainstreaming evidence-based climate&energy policies in Europe& Mediterranean” December 3, 2021
- Clima-Med at COP26 ” Climate Action in the Mediterranean” (November 2, 2021) December 3, 2021
- Switching to Renewable Energy is an Urgent Priority in Batloun, Lebanon * December 3, 2021
- Global Observance of World Cities Day 2021 in Egypt Calls for Action on Climate Change November 12, 2021
- COP26: How are cities in Europe and the Mediterranean implementing evidence-based climate & energy action? October 29, 2021