Launch of the 1st Progress Report on Euro-Mediterranean Regional Integration
The UfM is holding an online launch event to present the first edition of the UfM Progress Report on Regional Integration, prepared by the OECD.
The Report identifies major trends and assess progress achieved in five domains of regional integration: trade, finance, infrastructure, movement of people, and research and higher education. It presents key findings and policy recommendations for each of these domains, based on specific performance indicators that can be monitored over time.
This event will be the first in a series of events dedicated by the UfM to regional integration, and the key recommendations will be used to inform future actions to accelerate and consolidate integration efforts in the UfM region across the five domains.
Provisional Agenda, 27 May
- 10:00: Welcoming remarks by UfM Secretary General
- 10:10: Opening remarks
- 10:30: Presentation of the UfM Progress Report on Regional Integration
- 11:00: Panel I: The UfM Progress Report on Regional Integration: Opportunities, Challenges and the Way Forward
- 11:30: Panel II: How to unlock the full potential for greater regional economic Integration? Regional Experiences from across the Globe
- 12:30 Wrap-up
You can download the provisional agenda here.
Follow the link to register https://ufmsecretariat.org/form-launching-ufm-progress-report-regional-integration-27may/
source: Union for the Mediterranean
Photo by Clay Banks
- Radio interview with Clima-Med’s coordinator in Egypt – Dr Ramadan Seddik (French) October 17, 2021
- Radio interview with Clima-Med’s coordinator in Egypt – Dr Ramadan Seddik October 17, 2021
- In Egypt, Luxor Governorate deals with climate change threats October 17, 2021
- Projects in West Bank and Gaza win UN Climate Change Award October 13, 2021
- Global warming, extreme heatwaves, and forest fires: the IPCC report blows the whistle * August 17, 2021
- A Congratulation Kit delivered to more than 100 cities in the South Mediterranean for their adhesion to the Covenant of Mayors for the Mediterranean, CoM Med. July 17, 2021