Get to know the City Climate Finance Gap Fund
The City Climate Finance Gap Fund, launched in September 2020, aims to help cities in low and middle-income countries strategise, plan and prepare climate mitigation and adaptation projects in their urban environments.
To better raise awareness among potential beneficiaries, the City Climate Finance Gap Fund is organising a webinar series that target different regions, to be held between April 21st – April 27th.
The webinar will introduce the Gap Fund, and will be followed by a Q&A Session.
These webinars are intended as an opportunity for cities, local authorities and their partners eager to learn more about the Gap Fund and how it can be of help to your work. Come along and join the series to learn, discuss and understand what the Gap Fund does, how it works and how it can support your city.
Friday, April 23, 14:00 CET,
- Africa in English, Portuguese, French. Zoom registration
Monday, April 26, 9:00 CET
- Middle East and East, South and Southeast Asia in English. Zoom Registration
The City Climate Finance Gap Fund is financed by the German and Luxembourg governments and it is delivered by two implementing agencies, the World Bank and the European Investment Bank, the latter in partnership with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and supported by GCoM, C40, ICLEI and the CCFLA.
- Radio interview with Clima-Med’s coordinator in Egypt – Dr Ramadan Seddik (French) October 17, 2021
- Radio interview with Clima-Med’s coordinator in Egypt – Dr Ramadan Seddik October 17, 2021
- In Egypt, Luxor Governorate deals with climate change threats October 17, 2021
- Projects in West Bank and Gaza win UN Climate Change Award October 13, 2021
- Global warming, extreme heatwaves, and forest fires: the IPCC report blows the whistle * August 17, 2021
- A Congratulation Kit delivered to more than 100 cities in the South Mediterranean for their adhesion to the Covenant of Mayors for the Mediterranean, CoM Med. July 17, 2021