Clima-Med, the newly launched project funded by the European Union to support the transition towards sustainable, low-carbon and climate-resilient development in eight South Mediterranean countries, will take part in the 9th edition of the IBEF, one of the major networking events in the region.
On September 26, alongside the event, the team of experts from Clima-Med will participate in the discussion panel “UfMS Peer to Peer Dialogue for support local authorities’ efforts in energy efficiency and climate change”, organized by the Secretariat of the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM).
On the following day – September 27, Clima-Med’s team will give a presentation as part of the session on “Net‐Zero Emissions Buildings”. The timeslot for this session is planned from 15:30 a.m. to 17:00 p.m.
The overall objective of the Clima-Med project is to enhance energy security and adaptive capacity of partner countries to combat climate change. The project builds on the achievements of and ensures continuity with the completed CES-MED project and other EU funded projects in the region such as SUDEP, Clima South and MED-ENEC.
Amongst other results, Clima-Med also seeks to enhance the capacities of ENI South partner countries to implement and update their Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs), develop adaptation/mitigation plans, and carry out coordination of activities related to sustainable energy planning.
- As part of their progress, all Clima-Med beneficiary cities in the south Mediterranean are preparing their Sustainable Energy Access and Climate Action Plan, SEACAPs that will be shared soon on this platform. January 10, 2022
- Clima-Med at COP26 “Racing to 1.5°: cities mainstreaming evidence-based climate&energy policies in Europe& Mediterranean” December 3, 2021
- Clima-Med at COP26 ” Climate Action in the Mediterranean” (November 2, 2021) December 3, 2021
- Switching to Renewable Energy is an Urgent Priority in Batloun, Lebanon * December 3, 2021
- Global Observance of World Cities Day 2021 in Egypt Calls for Action on Climate Change November 12, 2021
- COP26: How are cities in Europe and the Mediterranean implementing evidence-based climate & energy action? October 29, 2021