E-learning course – Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy – Cities taking action against climate change
A new full online training on the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy (GCoM) – a global alliance initiative which involves more than 10,000 cities and local governments all over the world, has been launched and is available on the EU Academy. The new EU-owned online hub contains first-hand knowledge, high quality educational resources and valuable insights, directly produced by the EU institutions. The online Course is organised by the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre.
Participants will gain insights into the methodology and key requirements around the three GCoM pillars: climate change mitigation and adaptation, and energy access.
The course will include success stories and interactive activities. Participnats will acquire the necessary know-how and skills to develop a successful Climate Action Plan, and to deliver climate ambitions into practice.
The access to the course is free, open, and accessible to all interested in GCoM and a sustainable future in cities.
More information about the course is available on the event webpage
photo credit: Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy
- Clima-Med at COP26 “Racing to 1.5°: cities mainstreaming evidence-based climate&energy policies in Europe& Mediterranean” December 3, 2021
- Clima-Med at COP26 ” Climate Action in the Mediterranean” (November 2, 2021) December 3, 2021
- Switching to Renewable Energy is an Urgent Priority in Batloun, Lebanon * December 3, 2021
- Global Observance of World Cities Day 2021 in Egypt Calls for Action on Climate Change November 12, 2021
- COP26: How are cities in Europe and the Mediterranean implementing evidence-based climate & energy action? October 29, 2021
- COP26: Clima-Med will demonstrate innovative funding models mainstreaming climate action in the South Mediterranean region October 29, 2021