E-learning course – Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy – Cities taking action against climate change
A new full online training on the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy (GCoM) – a global alliance initiative which involves more than 10,000 cities and local governments all over the world, has been launched and is available on the EU Academy. The new EU-owned online hub contains first-hand knowledge, high quality educational resources and valuable insights, directly produced by the EU institutions. The online Course is organised by the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre.
Participants will gain insights into the methodology and key requirements around the three GCoM pillars: climate change mitigation and adaptation, and energy access.
The course will include success stories and interactive activities. Participnats will acquire the necessary know-how and skills to develop a successful Climate Action Plan, and to deliver climate ambitions into practice.
The access to the course is free, open, and accessible to all interested in GCoM and a sustainable future in cities.
More information about the course is available on the event webpage
photo credit: Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy
- Global warming, extreme heatwaves, and forest fires: the IPCC report blows the whistle * August 17, 2021
- A Congratulation Kit delivered to more than 100 cities in the South Mediterranean for their adhesion to the Covenant of Mayors for the Mediterranean, CoM Med. July 17, 2021
- CoM Med – Distribution of Certificates to Adhering Municipalities July 17, 2021
- Call for proposals – film photographer & director June 11, 2021
- Clima-Med workshops to support the final stages of SEACAPs development with Moroccan municipalities June 3, 2021
- International Day for Biological Diversity: UfM warns that the Mediterranean region is a biodiversity hotspot under threat May 31, 2021