The Clima-Med project website climamed.eu is now available for all project stakeholders in the eight South Mediterranean countries it covers (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia) to benefit from its content.
In line with Clima-Med’s objectives, the project website has been designed as a regional knowledge portal to provide regularly updated content for climate and energy actors who are engaged in planning climate adaptation and implementing resilience actions in the South Mediterranean region. The platform key tools will enable enhancing national and local authorities’ capacities to formulate and implement Sustainable Energy Access and Climate Action Plans (SEACAPs) in the MENA region.
Structured in 6 categories, the Clima-Med website will operate as an awareness tool with updated news, access to national and regional policy recommendations reports to build partner countries capacities , guidelines and handbooks to support practical implementation of climate actions, and financing strategies to facilitate set-up of climate finance mechanisms at national and local levels.
The Networks section offers a list with relevant actors to boost potential partnerships in the MENA region between projects, initiatives and organizations. Project stakeholders can make use of the many-updated technical and knowledge related materials available in the Knowledge Repository, such as the Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plans (SEAPs/SECAPs) for more than 21 cities in the Southern Mediterranean developed in the framework of the EU-funded CES-MED project (2013-2018).
Clima-Med website hosts also a section for members with access to the Covenant of Mayors Europe, the Covenant of Mayors for the Mediterranean Chapter, CoM Med, and the Global Covenant of Mayors, GCOM.
We hope that you will fully enjoy it!
The EU funded “Clima-Med, Acting for Climate in South Mediterranean” project was launched in June 2018 to support the transition of partner countries in the Southern Neighbourhood towards sustainable, low-carbon and climate-resilient development.
- Clima-Med’s response to the COVID-19 Pandemic October 22, 2020
- Tackling the climate crisis: how local actions are confronting a global challenge August 11, 2020
- El Guettar commune in Tunisia, developing climate actions ideas for its ongoing SEACAP July 20, 2020
- European Union Delegation visit to Nabeul within the framework of the Clima-Med project and other EU projects May 22, 2020
- Prize for Cities May 11, 2020
- Clima-Med and the municipality of Tangier discussed cooperation on Climate and Energy Projects April 15, 2020