The EU – funded Clima-Med will be attending two sessions at UNFCCC’s COP24 in Katowice, Poland, to showcase the work of the initiative to enhance the capacities of partner countries from the Southern Neighbourhood on formulating and applying policies, city action plans and financial models to address climate mitigation, and adaptation.
On December 10, our team of experts will be at the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy: Mayors4Ambition | at the EU Pavilion. Organisers of the event are the European Commission, Global Covenant of Mayors Secretariat (GCoM), regional Covenant of Mayors Secretariats, global and regional city networks and the Committee of the Regions (CoR).
The forum will follow-up on the ambition that Covenant cities have set for themselves, including in the context of the Global Climate Action Summit CAS2018 and on the One Planet Charter.
In the afternoon, Clima-Med will participate in Supporting Access to Green and Climate Finance in the Mediterranean and Southeast Europe at the EU Pavilion. Organisers of the event are the European Union, the Government of Hungary, the Clima-Med project and the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI).
The side-event will present ongoing and new initiatives and methodologies proposed for the regions to scale up climate finance and strengthen cross-regional cooperation and financial synergies. Clima-Med will address innovative approaches to finance climate change adaptation at regional level.
- Clima-Med’s response to the COVID-19 Pandemic October 22, 2020
- Tackling the climate crisis: how local actions are confronting a global challenge August 11, 2020
- El Guettar commune in Tunisia, developing climate actions ideas for its ongoing SEACAP July 20, 2020
- European Union Delegation visit to Nabeul within the framework of the Clima-Med project and other EU projects May 22, 2020
- Prize for Cities May 11, 2020
- Clima-Med and the municipality of Tangier discussed cooperation on Climate and Energy Projects April 15, 2020