The Clima-Med project is celebrating its one-year anniversary since its launch in June 2018. During this period, the project team has achieved the results foreseen in its work plan, starting by building trust and partnerships among partners in the eight South Mediterranean countries covered by the project: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia.
Clima-Med’s team has marked the anniversary with a publication giving overview of key milestones reached by the project.
Over the past year, Clima-Med has steadily advanced on climate change governance and mainstreaming of climate action and has started the preparation of Road Maps and Action Plans for the countries covered by the project. Additionally, a Climate Coordination Strategy (CAS), to integrate recommendations on NDC, NAPs, MRV is undergoing.
Clima-Med’s team of experts have selected 10 municipalities per countries, which will get technical assistance to prepare their SEACAPs and have set two Helpdesk facilities, in Rabat – for Maghreb countries and Beirut – for Mahreq countries.
Finally, regarding access to finance and projects implementation, Clima-Med supported several cities to apply for funding to mainstream and establish sustainable finance mechanisms, with replication potential in the MENA region.
More information about the key results delivered in 2018-2019 and the way forward for the project is available in the publication:
Preview and Download – Clima-Med – One-year – Key insights and Way Forward 2018-19
- Clima-Med’s response to the COVID-19 Pandemic October 22, 2020
- Tackling the climate crisis: how local actions are confronting a global challenge August 11, 2020
- El Guettar commune in Tunisia, developing climate actions ideas for its ongoing SEACAP July 20, 2020
- European Union Delegation visit to Nabeul within the framework of the Clima-Med project and other EU projects May 22, 2020
- Prize for Cities May 11, 2020
- Clima-Med and the municipality of Tangier discussed cooperation on Climate and Energy Projects April 15, 2020