Clima-Med conducted a training workshop for 50 trainees representing 22 municipalities from Jordan and 10 municipalities from Palestine, on the topic of “How to Prepare Sustainable Energy Plans, SEACAPs, and Fight the Effects of Climate Change” 28-29 April in Amman, Jordan.
As part of the SEACAP preparation process, the trainees were introduced to the adaptation and mitigation actions to minimise carbon emissions and their effect and how to define related priority projects in different sectors, e.g.: water resource management, solid waste, street lighting, building rehabilitation to reduce energy consumption etc.
The training also covered project finance methods, as well as municipalities’ subscription process to the Covenant of Mayors Mediterranean, CoM Med.
The trainees interacted actively and enthusiastically during the different practical training sessions; follow up actions were agreed towards the Plans’ preparation by the trainees with Clima-Med Help Desk support.
- Clima-Med’s response to the COVID-19 Pandemic October 22, 2020
- Tackling the climate crisis: how local actions are confronting a global challenge August 11, 2020
- El Guettar commune in Tunisia, developing climate actions ideas for its ongoing SEACAP July 20, 2020
- European Union Delegation visit to Nabeul within the framework of the Clima-Med project and other EU projects May 22, 2020
- Prize for Cities May 11, 2020
- Clima-Med and the municipality of Tangier discussed cooperation on Climate and Energy Projects April 15, 2020