Clima-Med conducted a training workshop for 50 trainees representing 22 municipalities from Jordan and 10 municipalities from Palestine, on the topic of “How to Prepare Sustainable Energy Plans, SEACAPs, and Fight the Effects of Climate Change” 28-29 April in Amman, Jordan.
As part of the SEACAP preparation process, the trainees were introduced to the adaptation and mitigation actions to minimise carbon emissions and their effect and how to define related priority projects in different sectors, e.g.: water resource management, solid waste, street lighting, building rehabilitation to reduce energy consumption etc.
The training also covered project finance methods, as well as municipalities’ subscription process to the Covenant of Mayors Mediterranean, CoM Med.
The trainees interacted actively and enthusiastically during the different practical training sessions; follow up actions were agreed towards the Plans’ preparation by the trainees with Clima-Med Help Desk support.
- Clima-Med presents the third film of a series that showcases Israeli cities’ commitment to dealing with climate change effects, focusing on green technologies July 21, 2022
- “A Glimpse of Hope” – Israel July 21, 2022
- The Clima-Med project and the city of Batloun, a partner of Clima-Med in Lebanon and a CoM Med signatory, joined the World Urban Forum (WUF11) the premier global conference on sustainable urbanization in the Polish city of Katowice, from June 26 to 30,2022, at the invitation of the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy. July 4, 2022
- The Covenant of Mayors for the Mediterranean, CoM Med, was represented at the International Recycling and Waste Management Fair (RWM) in Tangier to promote the initiative’s activities July 2, 2022
- Festival of Mediterranean Citizens June 23, 2022
- Clima-Med’s second film of a series celebrates Jordanian cities’ commitment to tackling climate challenges while struggling to face its effects. May 25, 2022