Clima-Med has presented the objectives of the project at the ‘Peer to Peer Dialogue for Supporting Local Authoritiesʹ Efforts in Energy Transition: Innovation and Research to Develop Energy Efficiency and Climate Solutions’, organized by the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM) during the International Beirut Energy Forum 2018.
The session on ’Innovative and effective public-private-partnership (PPP) models’ brought together initiatives undertaken by Local Authorities from UfM Member States in the areas of renewable energy, energy efficiency and climate change.
The objective of the peer dialogue was to strengthen regional cooperation for ongoing and future efforts undertaken by Local Authorities on deployment of renewable energy and energy efficiency measures to reduce CO2 emissions.
The opening speech was delivered by Mr. Jorge Borrego, UfM’s. Senior Deputy Secretary General followed by a session on ‘Cities Network and Access to Finance’, moderated by Ms. Olgu Okumuş, Head of Sector Energy at UfM’s Secretariat. Representatives from Local Authorities in Palestine, Turkey, Tunisia and Jordan made presentations with case studies on PPP models applied in their municipalities.
The participants in the dialogue took also advantage of the international forum to establish contacts with private sector representatives in the area of energy transition.
- Clima-Med’s response to the COVID-19 Pandemic October 22, 2020
- Tackling the climate crisis: how local actions are confronting a global challenge August 11, 2020
- El Guettar commune in Tunisia, developing climate actions ideas for its ongoing SEACAP July 20, 2020
- European Union Delegation visit to Nabeul within the framework of the Clima-Med project and other EU projects May 22, 2020
- Prize for Cities May 11, 2020
- Clima-Med and the municipality of Tangier discussed cooperation on Climate and Energy Projects April 15, 2020