The Clima-Med project will be joining the twenty-fifth session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 25) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) that will take place in Madrid, Spain from 2-13 December 2019, under the Presidency of the Government of Chile.
Together with the Union for the Mediterranean Secretariat (UfMs), the Clima-Med project side event titled “Climate action true-to-life steps: initiating policies, climate finance access & implementation” will take place on December 13 (12:30-14:00) at the EU Pavilion.
By giving the floor to our partners and beneficiaries from national and local authorities, it will showcase their contributions to mainstream climate actions and the implementation of NDCs, done through concrete mitigation and adaptation strategies to fill the climate policy gaps in the eight South Mediterranean countries, covered by the project. Moreover, the side event will be an excellent opportunity to give greater visibility of their evident role and involvement towards the international community.
It will also present the results of the UfM International Climate Finance studies (2019) and the methodology for developing a Mediterranean Climate Finance Strategy in the perspective of the 2nd Ministerial Declaration on Environment and Climate Change, foreseen for October 2020.
The Clima-Med/UfM joint side event will have multiple thematic focuses and will promote the climate actions undertaken by national authorities and cities in the Mediterranean region;
Clima-Med will be taking part at more events during the COP25 :
- The UfM side event within the NDC Partnerships Pavilion events titled “Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) in the South and Eastern Mediterranean region and Arab countries” – 13 December at 15:00; NDC Partnership Pavilion
- UNDP Lebanon/ Ministry of Environment & Agriculture event “2030 is planned today: how can local governments lead the way to a more prosperous future” – 4 December 2019
UNFCCC Secretariat https://unfccc.int/cop25
Official website for COP25: https://www.cop25.cl/#/
- Clima-Med’s response to the COVID-19 Pandemic October 22, 2020
- Tackling the climate crisis: how local actions are confronting a global challenge August 11, 2020
- El Guettar commune in Tunisia, developing climate actions ideas for its ongoing SEACAP July 20, 2020
- European Union Delegation visit to Nabeul within the framework of the Clima-Med project and other EU projects May 22, 2020
- Prize for Cities May 11, 2020
- Clima-Med and the municipality of Tangier discussed cooperation on Climate and Energy Projects April 15, 2020