The Clima-Med two-day workshop was organised in Tunis on 22nd and 23rd November 2023 in coordination with the Ministry of Economy and Planification, the Ministry of Interior, and the « National Climate Change Coordination Unit ” of the Ministry of Environment. It focused on the SEACAP’s Optimization and Financing Tools.
The event was a melting pot of ideas and strategies, bringing together representatives of local authorities from Clima-Med affiliated municipalities and others with key national institutions of Tunisia. The engaging and enlightening two days were filled with knowledge sharing and strategic planning for effective SEACAP implementation and have successfully concluded, marking a significant step forward in the collective climate action journey.
Several topics were discussed during the workshop, such as the SEACAP Manuel and its role as a tool dedicated to interested municipalities in the South Mediterranean region; the adaptation target to be fixed in each SEACAP with integrating actions to help realise the target; the Climate Finance Guidebook and the available financing opportunities for Tunisian municipalities.
- CoM Med cities in Jordan finalised their SEACAPs February 21, 2024
- Clima-Med SEACAPs Optimisation and Financing tools January 8, 2024
- Great Irbid municipality re-invents its downtown to limit traffic to create a sustainable development model for public facilities and improve the quality of air. January 8, 2024
- FUNDING AVAILABLE FOR CLIMATE PROJECTS ACROSS THE MEDITERRANEAN: DON’T MISS THE OPPORTUNITY January 5, 2024
- GCOM & COM MED AT COP28: BUILDING CLIMATE-NEUTRAL AND RESILIENT CITIES December 19, 2023
- GCOM & COM MED AT COP28: BUILDING CLIMATE-NEUTRAL AND RESILIENT CITIES December 18, 2023