In anticipation of the United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP24), which will take place in the city of Katowice, Poland, December 2-14, 2018, Clima-Med, ‘’Acting for Climate in Southern Mediterranean’’ is launching the Regional Photo Contest 2018: Climate Change in the Southern Mediterranean Region.
Clima-Med is looking for photos reflecting climate change and sustainability challenges that local communities face in the Southern Mediterranean region. The contest is open to non-professional, student photographers or simply anyone who cares about achieving a sustainable future in the Southern Mediterranean region.
Images have the power to reveal, highlight, promote, explain and sometimes denounce. We are looking for photographs that capture the way climate is changing lives and landscapes in the Southern Mediterranean region and address the urgency of these issues; photographs depicting solutions, photographs that inspire change and address the effects of human-induced climate change.
Be creative and consider addressing one or more of the following topics and issues in your photos:
- Dramatic changes around us and the direct impact of climate change in the region;
- How our environment is changing under environmental threats like air pollution, waste, deforestation;
- Sustainable use of water;
- Wildlife conservation;
- Sustainable urban development and actions taken by citizens in response to climate change;
- The role of women and girls in the fight against climate change and how they are impacted by its effect;
- Nature preservation.
The closing date for the contest is at 11:59 p.m. (GMT+1) on the 29th of November 2018. Entries submitted after this deadline will not be considered.
Download the full concept note for the Clima-Med Photo Contest 2018
– English Version – PDF
– French Version – PDF
– Arabic Version – PDF
- Clima-Med’s response to the COVID-19 Pandemic October 22, 2020
- Tackling the climate crisis: how local actions are confronting a global challenge August 11, 2020
- El Guettar commune in Tunisia, developing climate actions ideas for its ongoing SEACAP July 20, 2020
- European Union Delegation visit to Nabeul within the framework of the Clima-Med project and other EU projects May 22, 2020
- Prize for Cities May 11, 2020
- Clima-Med and the municipality of Tangier discussed cooperation on Climate and Energy Projects April 15, 2020