Clima-Med’s team of experts will participate in the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) 2019 Forum of the Standing Committee on Finance – “Climate Finance and Sustainable Cities” (12 – 13 September 2019). The event is organized by the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWE), the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM) and the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB).
Our Team Leader, Mr. Naguib Amin will present a case study from our team’s work on putting into practice climate actions in the Southern Neighborhood at a brainstorming session on sustainable cities and climate finance during the first day of the event (Day 1, 10:45 – 12:30).
Participants will be invited to discuss the issues cities are facing today, the role of sustainable finance and how climate change affects cities’ broader social, economic, and environmental goals and priorities, including those reflected in the #ParisAgreement, #SDGs and other #UN targets relevant to cities.
Read more info about the event on UNFCCC’s website and have a look at the agenda with the rest of the sessions, for the two-day event.
photo cover courtesy to Danist
- Clima-Med’s response to the COVID-19 Pandemic October 22, 2020
- Tackling the climate crisis: how local actions are confronting a global challenge August 11, 2020
- El Guettar commune in Tunisia, developing climate actions ideas for its ongoing SEACAP July 20, 2020
- European Union Delegation visit to Nabeul within the framework of the Clima-Med project and other EU projects May 22, 2020
- Prize for Cities May 11, 2020
- Clima-Med and the municipality of Tangier discussed cooperation on Climate and Energy Projects April 15, 2020