The Clima-Med team had its first mission to Israel and met with the national actors to hold an active role in the rollout of the project activities in the country for the coming years. More specifically, a meeting with representatives from the European Union Delegation to Israel (EUD Israel) was held, and the potential synergies with other ongoing activities and actors in the country was explored. Also, a meeting with representatives from the National Focal Points took place, namely the Ministry of Energy and the Ministry of Environmental Protection.
Israel is working on a very ambitious program for its local authorities, the Mayors’ challenge. This programme addresses municipalities of medium and large size, required to perform energy audits, and its aim is through gradual selection to support them in the development of their sustainable energy plan, as well as the implementation of selected actions for the top-rated selected municipalities. At the meeting was also discussed collabroation between Clima-Med’s local experts and the Ministry of Energy for the development of the template formats and the tender preparation.
Clima-Med was recognised by the Israeli counterparts as one of the top 5 strategic projects in the country.
- Clima-Med’s response to the COVID-19 Pandemic October 22, 2020
- Tackling the climate crisis: how local actions are confronting a global challenge August 11, 2020
- El Guettar commune in Tunisia, developing climate actions ideas for its ongoing SEACAP July 20, 2020
- European Union Delegation visit to Nabeul within the framework of the Clima-Med project and other EU projects May 22, 2020
- Prize for Cities May 11, 2020
- Clima-Med and the municipality of Tangier discussed cooperation on Climate and Energy Projects April 15, 2020