The Clima-Med team had its first mission to Israel and met with the national actors to hold an active role in the rollout of the project activities in the country for the coming years. More specifically, a meeting with representatives from the European Union Delegation to Israel (EUD Israel) was held, and the potential synergies with other ongoing activities and actors in the country was explored. Also, a meeting with representatives from the National Focal Points took place, namely the Ministry of Energy and the Ministry of Environmental Protection.
Israel is working on a very ambitious program for its local authorities, the Mayors’ challenge. This programme addresses municipalities of medium and large size, required to perform energy audits, and its aim is through gradual selection to support them in the development of their sustainable energy plan, as well as the implementation of selected actions for the top-rated selected municipalities. At the meeting was also discussed collabroation between Clima-Med’s local experts and the Ministry of Energy for the development of the template formats and the tender preparation.
Clima-Med was recognised by the Israeli counterparts as one of the top 5 strategic projects in the country.
- As part of their progress, all Clima-Med beneficiary cities in the south Mediterranean are preparing their Sustainable Energy Access and Climate Action Plan, SEACAPs that will be shared soon on this platform. January 10, 2022
- Clima-Med at COP26 “Racing to 1.5°: cities mainstreaming evidence-based climate&energy policies in Europe& Mediterranean” December 3, 2021
- Clima-Med at COP26 ” Climate Action in the Mediterranean” (November 2, 2021) December 3, 2021
- Switching to Renewable Energy is an Urgent Priority in Batloun, Lebanon * December 3, 2021
- Global Observance of World Cities Day 2021 in Egypt Calls for Action on Climate Change November 12, 2021
- COP26: How are cities in Europe and the Mediterranean implementing evidence-based climate & energy action? October 29, 2021