The Clima-Med team had its first mission to Israel and met with the national actors to hold an active role in the rollout of the project activities in the country for the coming years. More specifically, a meeting with representatives from the European Union Delegation to Israel (EUD Israel) was held, and the potential synergies with other ongoing activities and actors in the country was explored. Also, a meeting with representatives from the National Focal Points took place, namely the Ministry of Energy and the Ministry of Environmental Protection.
Israel is working on a very ambitious program for its local authorities, the Mayors’ challenge. This programme addresses municipalities of medium and large size, required to perform energy audits, and its aim is through gradual selection to support them in the development of their sustainable energy plan, as well as the implementation of selected actions for the top-rated selected municipalities. At the meeting was also discussed collabroation between Clima-Med’s local experts and the Ministry of Energy for the development of the template formats and the tender preparation.
Clima-Med was recognised by the Israeli counterparts as one of the top 5 strategic projects in the country.
- Clima-Med presents the third film of a series that showcases Israeli cities’ commitment to dealing with climate change effects, focusing on green technologies July 21, 2022
- “A Glimpse of Hope” – Israel July 21, 2022
- The Clima-Med project and the city of Batloun, a partner of Clima-Med in Lebanon and a CoM Med signatory, joined the World Urban Forum (WUF11) the premier global conference on sustainable urbanization in the Polish city of Katowice, from June 26 to 30,2022, at the invitation of the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy. July 4, 2022
- The Covenant of Mayors for the Mediterranean, CoM Med, was represented at the International Recycling and Waste Management Fair (RWM) in Tangier to promote the initiative’s activities July 2, 2022
- Festival of Mediterranean Citizens June 23, 2022
- Clima-Med’s second film of a series celebrates Jordanian cities’ commitment to tackling climate challenges while struggling to face its effects. May 25, 2022