The department of Horticulture in Bethlehem municipality, Palestine, responded to the Clima-Med project initiative in implementing a Regional Planting Day in parallel of the CoP25, and organized its own on December 12, in the presence of Mr. Anton Salman, Mayor of Bethlehem.
The event took place at the Al-Quds Al-Khalil Street – Jaser Palace area in the city, in view of beautifying the city, producing clean air, and absorbing the first and second carbon dioxide emitted from the vehicles.
Mr. Aref Al-Azza, Manager of the Horticulture Department together with some volunteers participated to the planting whereby 20 Frankenton-Ficus trees were rooted.
Pictures from the event are available in our library
- Clima-Med’s response to the COVID-19 Pandemic October 22, 2020
- Tackling the climate crisis: how local actions are confronting a global challenge August 11, 2020
- El Guettar commune in Tunisia, developing climate actions ideas for its ongoing SEACAP July 20, 2020
- European Union Delegation visit to Nabeul within the framework of the Clima-Med project and other EU projects May 22, 2020
- Prize for Cities May 11, 2020
- Clima-Med and the municipality of Tangier discussed cooperation on Climate and Energy Projects April 15, 2020