The department of Horticulture in Bethlehem municipality, Palestine, responded to the Clima-Med project initiative in implementing a Regional Planting Day in parallel of the CoP25, and organized its own on December 12, in the presence of Mr. Anton Salman, Mayor of Bethlehem.
The event took place at the Al-Quds Al-Khalil Street – Jaser Palace area in the city, in view of beautifying the city, producing clean air, and absorbing the first and second carbon dioxide emitted from the vehicles.
Mr. Aref Al-Azza, Manager of the Horticulture Department together with some volunteers participated to the planting whereby 20 Frankenton-Ficus trees were rooted.
Pictures from the event are available in our library
- Global Observance of World Cities Day 2021 in Egypt Calls for Action on Climate Change November 12, 2021
- COP26: How are cities in Europe and the Mediterranean implementing evidence-based climate & energy action? October 29, 2021
- COP26: Clima-Med will demonstrate innovative funding models mainstreaming climate action in the South Mediterranean region October 29, 2021
- Fourth Clima-Med Steering Committee Meeting emphasizing the importance of mainstreaming climate actions at local levels in the context of the coming CoP26 October 29, 2021
- Luxor to celebrate World Cities Day on 30-31 October October 25, 2021
- Radio interview with Clima-Med’s coordinator in Egypt – Dr Ramadan Seddik (French) October 17, 2021