A new EU call for proposals for the Climate for Cities (C4C) is out to finance the implementation of SECAP projects!
The Clima-Med team is pleased to announce the launch of the European Commission Call for Proposals – Climate for Cities (C4C) in the Southern Neighbourhood.
The Climate for Cities (C4C) programme will support the implementation of the concrete actions included in the Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plans (SECAPs).
The programme aims to contribute to sustainable human development by promoting a transition towards greener and climate-resilient cities in the Southern Neighbourhood, in line with countries’ commitments under the Paris Agreement, and making optimum use of climate finance instruments.
The overall indicative amount made available as grants from the EU under this call for proposals is EUR 19,000,000. Through this call, the EU will provide up to 50 per cent of the full cost of successfully approved projects.
Eligible applicants include cities, jointly with non-government organizations and private sectors. Applicants are required to submit short concept notes, and in case of first approval, the full proposal will be developed.
The deadline for submission of the concept notes is March 31, 2021 at 12:00, (Brussels date and time)
More information on the application process is available via https://bit.ly/2N7Tfif
Selected applicants will be assisted during the implementation by the Clima-Med project team.
- Clima-Med at COP26 “Racing to 1.5°: cities mainstreaming evidence-based climate&energy policies in Europe& Mediterranean” December 3, 2021
- Clima-Med at COP26 ” Climate Action in the Mediterranean” (November 2, 2021) December 3, 2021
- Switching to Renewable Energy is an Urgent Priority in Batloun, Lebanon * December 3, 2021
- Global Observance of World Cities Day 2021 in Egypt Calls for Action on Climate Change November 12, 2021
- COP26: How are cities in Europe and the Mediterranean implementing evidence-based climate & energy action? October 29, 2021
- COP26: Clima-Med will demonstrate innovative funding models mainstreaming climate action in the South Mediterranean region October 29, 2021