The second steering committee of the 𝐍𝐚𝐛𝐞𝐮𝐥 𝐕𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐞’ project, NVV, co-financed by the European Union as part of the climate4cities (C4C) program, was held in the city of Nabeul on July 11, 2023. The event, entitled “Opportunities for a waste-to-energy PPP project in Tunisia: Advantages, subsidies and obstacles to private investment in Tunisia“, was attended by the Ministry of the Environment, the European Union, the Instance Générale du Partenariat Public Privé, the Société Tunisienne de l’Électricité et du Gaz, the Agence Nationale de Gestion des Déchets, the Ferchiou & Associés law firm and the Municipality of Nabeul.
The meeting made it possible for all the parties involved to discuss the promotion and facilitation of the project team’s work to build a household waste recovery center in Nabeul and neighboring communes, and to attract the private sector to ensure the center’s expansion and sustainability over time.
- Planet on the Mend event 24/10 November 7, 2023
- The Nabeul Ville Verte (NVV) project holds its 2nd Steering Committee meeting September 21, 2023
- Ten new SEACAPs in two Governorates, proving Egypt’s commitment to tackling climate issues September 19, 2023
- Ten Palestinian cities have finalised their SEACAPs, heading towards sustainability and resilience August 11, 2023
- ICU promotes selective sorting and composting in a pilot district in Nabeul August 3, 2023
- Welcoming nine new signatories to CoM Med in Lebanon July 19, 2023