Clima-Med action and its beneficiary cities showcased in the Climate Chance Observatory new report
On April 6th, 2021, the Climate Chance Observatory released the 3rd Edition of the Global Synthesis Report on Local Climate Action.
The report proposes a panorama of the climate actions taken by the cities and regions around the world to reduce their emissions and provides an update on the results and progress in terms of local climate action, eight months before the COP26.
The work carried out by EU funded Clima-Med project, within the preparation of more than eighty Sustainable Energy Access and Climate Action Plans (SEACAPs), the establishment of National Coordination Groups (NCGs) in each country and the SEACAP Support Mechanisms (SSM) as well as the access to finance for the implementation of climate projects, is highlighted in this new report.
This new Synthesis Report monitors and evaluates local climate actions and the development of the main international initiatives led by networks of local authorities, accompanied by analyses of multi-level governance and the localisation of Sustainable Development Goals.
In a cross-view dialogue on major trends of the Report, Clima-Med experts will speak during a round table on April 8, centered around the following question: From innovation to continuity, how are local authorities implementing climate action during the pandemic?
Based on the main lessons of the review and the experience specific to Clima-Med, the objective of this debate will therefore be to discuss the trends in action of local and regional governments over the past year.
The 2021 Global Synthesis Report on Local Climate Action is now available here.
- Clima-Med action and its beneficiary cities showcased in the Climate Chance Observatory new report April 8, 2021
- Third Steering Committee Meeting reaffirming common engagement between EU and Local Authorities in the Mediterranean on the importance of climate actions and future March 29, 2021
- New Cooperation Agreement guarantees the continuity and future of the MedECC Secretariat, hosted under the hospice of Plan Bleu March 25, 2021
- The European Commission published two Corrigenda and Answers to Clarifications on the Call for Proposals – Climate for Cities (C4C) in the Southern Neighbourhood March 19, 2021
- A new EU call for proposals for the Climate for Cities (C4C) is out to finance the implementation of SECAP projects! February 16, 2021
- UfM Ministers commit to strengthen the blue economy sector and promote sustainable growth in the Mediterranean February 15, 2021