Clima-Med action and its beneficiary cities showcased in the Climate Chance Observatory new report
On April 6th, 2021, the Climate Chance Observatory released the 3rd Edition of the Global Synthesis Report on Local Climate Action.
The report proposes a panorama of the climate actions taken by the cities and regions around the world to reduce their emissions and provides an update on the results and progress in terms of local climate action, eight months before the COP26.
The work carried out by EU funded Clima-Med project, within the preparation of more than eighty Sustainable Energy Access and Climate Action Plans (SEACAPs), the establishment of National Coordination Groups (NCGs) in each country and the SEACAP Support Mechanisms (SSM) as well as the access to finance for the implementation of climate projects, is highlighted in this new report.
This new Synthesis Report monitors and evaluates local climate actions and the development of the main international initiatives led by networks of local authorities, accompanied by analyses of multi-level governance and the localisation of Sustainable Development Goals.
In a cross-view dialogue on major trends of the Report, Clima-Med experts attended a round table on April 8, and presented on the following question: From innovation to continuity, how are local authorities implementing climate action during the pandemic?
The 2021 Global Synthesis Report on Local Climate Action is now available here.
- Call for proposals – film photographer & director June 11, 2021
- Clima-Med workshops to support the final stages of SEACAPs development with Moroccan municipalities June 3, 2021
- International Day for Biological Diversity: UfM warns that the Mediterranean region is a biodiversity hotspot under threat May 31, 2021
- Clima-Med and CEDRO V Cooperation Action: The ongoing implementation phase of 30 projects in Lebanon May 25, 2021
- Radio Express Tunisia on Clima Med project (AR-FR subtitles) May 25, 2021
- Radio Express Tunisia on Clima Med project (AR-ENG subtitles) May 25, 2021