Call for small grants on adaptation to climate change
The Federal Ministry for Environment (BMU) and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH have launched a call for projects as part of the International Climate Initiative (IKI). This is a “small grant” of 60,000 to 100,000 euros for projects in the following areas:
- Mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions
- Adapting to the effects of climate change
- Conservation of natural carbon sinks / REDD
- Conservation of biodiversity
The ceiling can eventually be raised to 200,000 euros for projects involving mitigation and adaptation actions. The duration of the projects must be between 6 months and 2 years.
The grant is reserved for non-profit organizations or for-profit organizations offering a non-profit project. It is part of the “Capacity Building and Finance for National and Local Action on Climate and Biodiversity” project and is aimed at small organizations in emerging countries.
To be eligible, the project must be carried out in a country on the Official Development Assistance (ODA) defined by the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) list. The proposed projects must be non-profit. Several other criteria regarding legal status and accounting mechanisms within the organization must also be met. More details can be found on the IKI Small Grants website Here.
The deadline for applications is February 9, 2021.
Applications can be downloaded here
(photo courtesy: Haythem Gataa)
- Clima-Med action and its beneficiary cities showcased in the Climate Chance Observatory new report April 8, 2021
- Third Steering Committee Meeting reaffirming common engagement between EU and Local Authorities in the Mediterranean on the importance of climate actions and future March 29, 2021
- New Cooperation Agreement guarantees the continuity and future of the MedECC Secretariat, hosted under the hospice of Plan Bleu March 25, 2021
- The European Commission published two Corrigenda and Answers to Clarifications on the Call for Proposals – Climate for Cities (C4C) in the Southern Neighbourhood March 19, 2021
- A new EU call for proposals for the Climate for Cities (C4C) is out to finance the implementation of SECAP projects! February 16, 2021
- UfM Ministers commit to strengthen the blue economy sector and promote sustainable growth in the Mediterranean February 15, 2021