Call for small grants on adaptation to climate change
The Federal Ministry for Environment (BMU) and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH have launched a call for projects as part of the International Climate Initiative (IKI). This is a “small grant” of 60,000 to 100,000 euros for projects in the following areas:
- Mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions
- Adapting to the effects of climate change
- Conservation of natural carbon sinks / REDD
- Conservation of biodiversity
The ceiling can eventually be raised to 200,000 euros for projects involving mitigation and adaptation actions. The duration of the projects must be between 6 months and 2 years.
The grant is reserved for non-profit organizations or for-profit organizations offering a non-profit project. It is part of the “Capacity Building and Finance for National and Local Action on Climate and Biodiversity” project and is aimed at small organizations in emerging countries.
To be eligible, the project must be carried out in a country on the Official Development Assistance (ODA) defined by the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) list. The proposed projects must be non-profit. Several other criteria regarding legal status and accounting mechanisms within the organization must also be met. More details can be found on the IKI Small Grants website Here.
The deadline for applications is February 9, 2021.
Applications can be downloaded here
(photo courtesy: Haythem Gataa)
- Clima-Med at COP26 “Racing to 1.5°: cities mainstreaming evidence-based climate&energy policies in Europe& Mediterranean” December 3, 2021
- Clima-Med at COP26 ” Climate Action in the Mediterranean” (November 2, 2021) December 3, 2021
- Switching to Renewable Energy is an Urgent Priority in Batloun, Lebanon * December 3, 2021
- Global Observance of World Cities Day 2021 in Egypt Calls for Action on Climate Change November 12, 2021
- COP26: How are cities in Europe and the Mediterranean implementing evidence-based climate & energy action? October 29, 2021
- COP26: Clima-Med will demonstrate innovative funding models mainstreaming climate action in the South Mediterranean region October 29, 2021