Call for small grants on adaptation to climate change
The Federal Ministry for Environment (BMU) and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH have launched a call for projects as part of the International Climate Initiative (IKI). This is a “small grant” of 60,000 to 100,000 euros for projects in the following areas:
- Mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions
- Adapting to the effects of climate change
- Conservation of natural carbon sinks / REDD
- Conservation of biodiversity
The ceiling can eventually be raised to 200,000 euros for projects involving mitigation and adaptation actions. The duration of the projects must be between 6 months and 2 years.
The grant is reserved for non-profit organizations or for-profit organizations offering a non-profit project. It is part of the “Capacity Building and Finance for National and Local Action on Climate and Biodiversity” project and is aimed at small organizations in emerging countries.
To be eligible, the project must be carried out in a country on the Official Development Assistance (ODA) defined by the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) list. The proposed projects must be non-profit. Several other criteria regarding legal status and accounting mechanisms within the organization must also be met. More details can be found on the IKI Small Grants website Here.
The deadline for applications is February 9, 2021.
Applications can be downloaded here
(photo courtesy: Haythem Gataa)
- Call for small grants on adaptation to climate change December 9, 2020
- As part of SEACAP development activities with the Clima-Med project team, a new series of workshops was held for Tunisian municipalities representatives to assist them in identifying potential climate actions December 3, 2020
- Cooperation between EU Clima-Med and CEDRO V projects in Lebanon November 30, 2020
- The Member States of the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM) declared 28 November as the ‘International Day of the Mediterranean’ November 27, 2020
- As part of the SEACAP preparation activities with the Clima-Med project, a series of new workshops was held with Moroccan communes for the development of climate actions. November 26, 2020
- A series of new workshops for Palestine and Jordan cities reveal urgent projects in the context of their SEACAPs development activities with the Clima-Med project November 23, 2020